Friday, March 02, 2012

"I'm not dead yet"

So, I'm not a big Monty Python fan. I thought I was until I tried to watch it again this past Christmas. Couldn't sit through it to save my life. I must say that there are some hilarious moments in the show and while I've spent the last 2 weeks sick I've often thought of the above moment in The Holy Grail.

I'm on the back end of this thing and I'm SO grateful that I'm done with it. The kids have been taking turns and currently Matthias and Isaak are doped up on Ibuprofen to keep their fever tolerable. Isaak feels well enough with meds on board that he's begun begging me to let him play with his friend. Um... I think they'd prefer we stayed away? I could be wrong but just in case I'm actually right this time I think we'll keep our germs to ourselves.

I'm still taking the days slow. I just don't have it all back yet. I think by Sunday this will be completely gone and I'll be normal. I love being normal. Normal is just so wonderful.

I promise a real post soon, one that doesn't talk about germs and meds.