After 90 minutes of insomnia I finally decided I wasn't getting back to sleep. I got out of bed and decided to read some scriptures and church magazines. I've had a lot on my mind lately and the only way to stop running in place is to seek guidance. I tend to be able to get off the treadmill of my mind when I immerse myself in His love. What better place to find it than the scriptures, old and new? It helped. I finally found myself rested and returned to bed around 4:30. The kids were kind this morning and let me sleep a little later than usual. I actually didn't get out of bed until 7:00. I feel better. Some great lessons learned last night. Usually, I just hate not being asleep but there are times when insomnia is a gift.
On another note I ran in place this morning on my treadmill for 30 minutes. Yup, I've finally made it up to 30 minutes. I'm feeling like a superhero. That's it for me. I just stay at this for the next few months until my body quits and then I'll taper down to nothing just in time to deliver this child. Then after baby is here and I've recovered I can hop back on the treadmill and work back up to 30 minutes and maybe even a little further. While so much of me hates running, there's this little piece of me that finds complete sanity in the pain. It's actually a good place.
One more topic, completely not pertaining to anything I've already typed. I read a newspaper article. This is big because I stay away from news. Kjel, carefully parts my bubble and lets in the important stuff that keeps me from being completely lost during conversations. In most cases though I stay away. My cousin posted this article a few weeks back and I think this guy's opinion on this topic is dead on so I'm linking it up.
Kirby: We all have crosses to bear. Don’t lose sight of your own
Well, I think that's it for boring stuff.