Sunday, April 08, 2012

smiling

Matthias fell asleep on Nic's bed. I just love when the brothers hang out with each other. I'd like to say he spent the entire night there but early in the morning I awoke to him screaming at Isaak (who was sleeping next to me) "Get out of my spot... MOVE IT." I smiled even though I'd have preferred to have been sleeping.

I watched an elementary school child reading a book and walking home from school. I love seeing kids dedicated to reading. It makes me smile to think of this child lost in a story completely unaware of anything but the letters making words allowing him to escape to another world. I also smiled thinking of his great multi-tasking skills.

This week I said goodbye to a close friend. She's moving. I'm smiling for her because her husband is home from war and they will be together. I'm so glad that her family is together. I'm heart broken that their not together here, but I'll recover. Miss you and love you. 

Anthony and Isaak donned the full gear for some football practice this week. They can hardly wait for the season to begin. I'm just smiling thinking about it and watching them practice in the back yard.

A friend brought me flowers. I'm not usually a flower person but every time I see these beautiful flowers I smile. Another friend brought me cookies. It was such a surprise and even better than the cookies, which were delicious, was the kind note she wrote. I'm feeling spoiled.

A voice mail from a close friend brought me smiles. I miss you Lynne. Thanks for calling. Happy Birthday today!

Remember when silly me planted an onion. Look, my onion is starting to get seed cups. I'm not sure if that's the technical term but these little pointy things on top of my plant are where the seeds are. so cool.

Heard baby's heartbeat this week. I'm done with the first tri. One down two to go. It's that last tri I'm the most afraid of. It's the one that always kicks my butt.

My kids woke Saturday morning and discovered our house had been egged... Easter Egged. They loved gathering the treats and were all smiles. It was fun to see them so excited. I smiled as I thought about the little ones that had set-up the surprise for us. I'm sure they were so excited. I can't wait to thank them at church today and tell them how much the family loved their surprise.

Kids are out for Spring Break. We've got nowhere to go and nothing to do and I'm so glad! We're just going to work on some scout stuff and sleep later than we should. It's going to be a wonderful week.

My friend got amazing news and when she called to tell me about it I smiled and then I cried and then I screamed with excitement. My friends sweet boy has AT. It's nasty and it's taking over his life. This article brings hope. Hope is wonderful. Hope is smiles. Here's the news article. 
Researchers uncover clue to preventing, and possibly reversing, ataxia telangiectasia disease


Happy Easter.