This morning I rode bikes with the boys to school. I then added a little to the route before I came home. Matthias and I had a great time. To finish my workout off I got on the treadmill. This had me thinking about how years ago I really wanted to do a triathlon. It's still in my blood somewhere but this morning while I was on the treadmill I came up with my own event. Let me know if you're interested. There may be a little training involved but I think with a little gumption most of us would be ready in an hour or two.
The first leg of the event would involve the bike. We'd coast downhill for a mile. I recognize that a mile can be a significant distance and that our bums may end up sore but that's why we'd train first.
Second leg of the event is the run, or should we say a leisurely stroll through the park. Nothing too hilly, we don't want to get our heart rates too crazy.
The final leg is the swim. This is the event that's always kept me from a tri. No worries, this is completely possible. There's two options. For the more advanced you float in the pool for 5 minutes. For those who are a little worried about the float you can take a shower.
I think we've covered it. I just need to design a shirt and pick a date.