This week I saw a huge sign in the sky pulled by an airplane. It read, "Happy 8th Birthday Amy." I couldn't help but smile and think of my sister Amy who celebrated her 8th birthday on 8-8-1988. She was in the newspaper, for turning 8, on 8-8-88. I was terribly jealous at the time. I'm cool now. No worries. Love you Amy, on 8-8-88 and 5-13-12.
I got voice mail from Clayton this week. I smiled and laughed and then found out that he had told his friends that's exactly what I'd do when I heard the voice mail. This is what he said, "Hi Mom, I'll be exploding stuff. See you later." Love that kid. This week he got his midterm report. Let's just say he's a little nerdy. BUT, I might be rubbing off on him. One of the comments said he was talking too much. I'm a proud smiling mother.
I was persuaded to purchase this delicious cereal. I have not eaten any because of this silly program I'm on, however, EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. in my home LOVES Captain Crunch. I smiled when Matthias had some for lunch and then later in the day led me to the pantry so he could get some more.
Sitting outside watching my boys play is always a smile.
Isaak and Nic set Nic's mattress up in the hallway so little guy could jump on it. I spent some time smiling and watching him jump and somersault and just be happy.
Anthony finally found a pair of shoes that were cool and reasonably priced. I love what he chose. Just looking at them brings me smiles.
Clayton and Matthias spent time twirling around the tree. They chased each other and just played together. I smile every time I see my boys being great brothers.
My sun puke quilt is making progress. One morning I laid it out to make some decisions. Isaak helped me fold it and decided to go with the pattern for folding a flag. Gotta smile at the way boys do things.
Watching these two nerds laugh at Dilbert comics together is always a smile. So silly.
Tomorrow morning we confirm that we're having a boy. I'm really nervous. I can't pinpoint exactly why, I just am. I think I'd put it off it wasn't for my boys. They can hardly wait to find out. They've been counting down the days. This morning Isaak and Nic reminded me that tomorrow is the big day.
This one enjoyed an ice cream cone this week and I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I watched him carefully lick and then after nearly every bite tell me it's, "Tasty!" Yup, got this one on the right track. Speaking of that, this week Nic completed his first ever McDonald's ice cream cone. This is big for Nic. He ate the entire thing all by himself. GO Nic.
Friday afternoon I smiled when Kjel arrived home early from work. I wasn't expecting him for another hour but I'm not complaining that we got him sooner. Just LOVE that!
Text messages and email's from people I love is always a smile. It's been a great week of learning and understanding. I'm thankful for technology to keep me connected.
Yesterday Kjel took, Nic, Isaak and Anthony to see Avengers. Clayton stayed behind with me and little guy so he could finish memorizing some scriptures for the Scripture Bowl that evening. I smiled just thinking about these four boys with their hands in the popcorn watching a huge screen packed with action. So much fun. I also smiled while I made Clayton and I some popcorn to eat while we completed his task and then watched an episode of Doctor Who. I might be addicted.
Clayton mowed the lawn this week without having to be reminded 4 times. Smiles for seeing my kids gain a little responsibility.
For Mother's Day Isaak planted some flower seeds for me and wrote me a wonderful note. He even used his best hand writing. It means SO much to me to get a letter. Nic made me a coupon book that will definitely be used. Clayton spent the morning telling me about Seminary Bowl and his first dance. He danced with girls. Matthias spent the entire night in his bed and then in the morning climbed in next to me and said, "loves you momma." Anthony has spent the week just helping out when he see's I need it. Kjel wrote me a letter (after much prodding and a ton of jokes from him) and then purchased Roku for me so that this October I can watch General Conference from the comfort of my couch. I'm looking forward to everyone piled in the living room instead of sitting in my bedroom. I was spoiled to watch two episodes of Doctor Who with the whole family. We even forced Kjel to join us.
I woke this morning just feeling happy and thankful that I get to be a mom. I did the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and just felt thankful that I get to have this perfect moment in life. Sometimes when I hug my kids I can actually feel the planets align and the world feels perfect. Nothing could go wrong. Absolutely nothing.









.jpg)
