I regularly have strange dreams. Adding a growing baby and the extra hormones kicks things up slightly but not much. My kids will regularly ask me what my night dreams were filled with. They know it's going to make a great story. Not a story that you'd write and share in a book but a story that would have you giggle and wonder about the person who had such thoughts in their mind.
Last night I dreamed that I was riding my pedal bike and I ran out of gas and could no longer get the bike to work. I pulled into a gas station and filled my bike, which was now a tricycle that needed gas. I then paid and headed home but instead of getting home I ended up in the middle of some family event. I don't recall much of what went on except that we mistakenly got in trouble with the law. There was a misunderstanding. Near the end of my dream I broke a bass guitar. Somehow while I was playing the instrument (which I played masterfully, even though I have no idea how to play) I pulled the strings off. I remember being worried that the owner would be rather upset. I walked inside my Grandpa's house and found out we were under attack from some of the family who took the weight of the cops. They were joking with us and had put together some elaborate prank.
Several months ago my dream involved a blow-up swimming pool inside a friends home and red food coloring. The red food coloring was getting all over the house and I was worried. She had no concerns. She was certain it would not stain. She then treated the group to a dinner with dessert of a gorgeous cake she had made. One of her guests picked up the cake and threw it at my friend. I was appalled. My friend and her guest merely laughed at the cake throwing and the party resumed.
I've had dreams that I'm a special operative and must complete a mission. Most of the time I end up being chased and the tables are turned and someone is hunting me. I had these dreams as I spend most of the time stressed that I'm going to be killed. When I wake I'm exhausted and can still feel the anxiety inside.
Right now I'm trying really hard to eat right and exercise. Sometimes I fail and sometimes I just dream that I'm failing. Quite often in my dreams a delicious treat will show up and I end up eating tons of it only to wake feeling guilty for having eaten something that will not help my body be strong. Then when I realize that it was a dream I wish I could snuggle back under my covers and continue eating.
It's some strange stuff. I'll take my dreams though over not dreaming. At least my mind has something to do at night.