Kjel made me some delicious pig. Have I mentioned I've made a complete conversion back to partaking of animals. The ribs were amazing, finger-licking heaven. I just smiled and chewed and ate too many. I really love Kjel's BBQ.
Tomorrow morning I get to attend cub scout day camp. I'm rather excited to spend the day with a bunch of cute kids, two of which I'll be supplying. Next Monday we leave for Nauvoo. I can hardly contain my excitement. We're meeting my sisters and brother and their families and my parents in Nauvoo. It's been too many years since we've all met up in the same place. It's going to be magical.
Matthias took this picture with my phone this week. I smiled when he came running to me saying, "Look, picture of daddy."
While filling up with gas I smiled when this Oldsmobile Cutlass Sierra stopped in the bay across from me. My brother drove a Cutlass Sierra all through High School. I have SO many happy memories of he and I and friends in that car. I wanted to offer the owner of this car some cash and take the car home for me to enjoy. I'm certain my boys could create happiness driving in a classic car such as this.
While digging through photos for this post I found some oldies but goodies that brought smiles.
Here's Matthias soon after his birth.
This is myself and my best friend Adrianne at General Conference. Love you Adi!
This is Clayton years ago when I took him to see Body Worlds. That is an amazing exhibit and while he was just a little kid we had a great experience. We spent hours just looking and thinking and wondering.
This is Clayton on his way to Body Worlds. Such a serious expression. I love this picture because it totally looks like Clayton and he's wearing his NPA school uniform. School uniforms = Smiles!
Another Matthias pic. He looks like he could sell the stuff.
Here's Matthias eating sand at the lake. I just want to snuggle that kid and hold him tight.
Check out Nic and his good friend. This was taken the night before we moved to Kenosha. Nic is so young. I just had to smile at his cute face.
Back to the present. I've had a couple requests for pics of the belly. So here's the smile growing inside of me.
Tuesday night the boys and I went to the Drive In. It was a super fun night. The boys were up until around 1AM. I can only imagine the happiness inside of them as they stayed up late and watched two super fun movies. We will definitely do it again.
Friday morning Anthony and Isaak worked together to create a pirate ship for Matthias. This is a picture of Clayton trying to get Matthias to keep his hat on. The hat didn't last but we're still carrying the pirate ship all over the house. Also, the green beard may be still slightly visible.
ARGHH! That's a scary looking pirate with a "shing-shing" sword made from a Hot Wheels track.
Check out the skull and crossbones flag Isaak made from felt.
Yar! He's off to plunder someone's gold.
I had some moments of smile this week that were just my own. Nothing to do with the kids. Just moments of seeing that I've grown in a few ways. It makes me smile when I realize that I'm progressing in positive directions. This week the theme song would be Simple Gifts.















