Sunday, July 15, 2012

smiled

This week has been FULL of smiles. I spent the week in Nauvoo, IL with my boys and my family. Seeing my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews and parents brought strength and joy to my heart. I'm going to have to sit down and do an entire post on our family reunion.

Today's smiles are going to be just the little ones that touched my heart.

Sleeping in a tent with my 5 boys was a highlight. I love camping with my boys and I love tenting together. It's an honor to be a mom. I smiled as I fell asleep listening to them talk and wiggle.

Talking with Kjel on the phone each day is a smile. We're spoiled to have cell phones and I missed him, so each day I dialed in for a quick fix. I'm glad we were able to keep in touch.

Using a GPS for the trip was a smile. Kjel was insistent on purchasing one and I was very stubborn about the waste of money. On the road I was thankful we used our money to purchase the GPS that guided me.

Watching my boys step up to help their pregnant mom. A 28 week pregnant lady taking 5 boys by herself for a week could have been a tremendous feat. My boys stepped in and made the week marvelous. I'm greatly thankful for their selflessness and willingness to help the old lady out.

Showering on Friday afternoon without flip-flops is a smile. I was blessed to have a shower all week while staying at Camp Nauvoo, however there was no way I was stepping in that thing without flips on. My own shower, my own toilet. That's a smile.

Hugs from family; my Dad, my Mom, my sisters, my brothers, my nieces, nephews, my boys... and my husband when I got home.

Seeing this great land that blesses us. Earth is gorgeous and each area has different gifts. I was able to see some, new to me, country and it enriched my soul. God has given us gorgeous land.

Water always available for drinking.Super Smile. I was spoiled to find clean, cold water all around me. I drank plenty and was thankful that it was always readily available.

My body strong enough is a smile. I'm always amazed at what the human body can accomplish. I smiled as I watched and felt my body strong enough. Who could ask for more than that?

Before we left I smiled as Clayton played a hymn for the choir to sing. I actually sang in the choir. It was a tender smile to be in that moment.