Yesterday, Kjel and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. 17 years. It's been wonderful! It's definitely worth smiling about. There's been great joyful moments and moments where we literally have just put up with each other. I've now been married for as long as I wasn't married. I'd go back and pick Kjel again and smile at the wedding, even knowing all I know now.
This week I bought farm fresh blueberries. 10 pounds of heaven. It's like popping candy in your mouth. I smiled as I made jam and treats and froze several bags.
The boys and I went to a parade on the 4th. It was HOT but fun. I smiled when one of my boys ran out with this in his hands. I, of course, wasn't prepared but Kjel was thinking and sent a boy out with this just in case the youngest decided to share a gift. I smiled because Kjel was thinking of my needs.
Even though it was a hot afternoon I smiled as I watched the boys living a great moment in childhood.
Clayton walked the parade route and sold water.
Go America! Love this happy boy.
This is the temp when the parade ended. Nothing sunscreen and water can't take care of. Well, that and the fact that we were only out for a couple hours and I was headed home to put my feet up in our AC home. big smiles for AC!
That night the boys sat on the roof of our house to watch neighborhood fireworks. I don't buy fireworks. I'm seriously a loser. It's okay, I've discussed it with myself and we're fine with our decision. I'm certain when the boys are men they will make sure that every year they have the best firework display in town. I love that they'll complain that their mom was too cheap to buy fireworks and they never got to participate in such joy. They'll make sure their kids don't miss out. See, I'm just creating memories. I rock!
Look at those smiles on those boys.
I got to attend cub day camp. It was tons of fun. See that jug. I emptied it thrice. It was a tad hot that day and I drank and drank and drank. I smiled when I looked down at my jug and thought about how blessed I am to have fresh water and can carry it in my hands. Speaking of my hands, I smile every time I see my hands. I'm getting older and you can see my age in my hands. I love that I have two beautiful hands that work hard and do good. I could do an entire post on why I love my hands.
I smiled as I watched Nic shoot a BB gun for the first time. He was in boy heaven. I sat there and was nearly convinced I needed to run out and buy this kid a BB gun. I then remembered the wise words from, A Christmas Story, 'you'll shoot your eye out.' Glad some sense came to me.
Here's some boys on their way to another fun activity. I remember being a kid and the magic of activities like this. I just smiled as I watched them throughout the day as kids.Isaak got to shoot a bow. That was super fun to watch. I smiled as he set up each arrow and aimed.
This is what I watch when I'm on the treadmill. smiling.
I smiled when I saw that Kjel had taken pictures of my backyard friend. I wasn't in the room to see the hopper but my camera was on the table so Kjel hooked me up with something beautiful. smiles for him thinking of me.
I have three bags of dried bananas for our trip. My family loves home dried bananas. I've been hiding these so we wouldn't eat them. So very yummy. I'm going to smile as I munch on them all the way to Nauvoo.
I treated myself and the boys to some Salt Water Taffy. I smiled as I ate and thought of my Grandmother. Every July, after the Steel Days Parade in American Fork, we would stand in my Uncle James' backyard and Grandma would throw candy. We'd chase all over the yard and gather the goodness. There were lots of yummy kinds and taffy was always included. I will always think of Grandma and happiness when I eat taffy.
This week Anthony had a day at football camp. I smiled when I dropped him off and knew he was going to have a blast. I spent the day praying he wouldn't get overheated. I smiled when I picked him up and he was alive and seriously sore from all the hard work. Nothing like a sore body after a great day of fun hard work.
We've had a really hot week. Most days I just couldn't even consider sitting outside so this led to finding things to do in our AC (smile) home. We've pulled out Play-doh several times. Nic has made all kinds of fun creations. My favorite would be Perry Play-dohpus.
I made whole wheat bread and smiled as I put my blueberry jam on my fresh baked bread. I love that I have learned to make goodness.
I woke this morning thinking about my cousin, Stacie. So often just thinking about her brings me smiles. She was in my dream and it was wonderful to spend time with her. When my moments are tough I bring her and her words to my thoughts and I feel peace and acceptance.
Yesterday, we attended a baptism. Isaak said the opening prayer and Clayton played the piano. I softly smiled while he played interlude music. He unknowingly picked my healing songs. I have some songs, some hymns, some not, that reach into those cracks and fill them with good.







