Last week was a little crazy. Remember last Sunday when I said I wanted to spend the week looking for those simple smiles, the little ones? Well, last week was the perfect week for that. Here's what I found...
While laying on the bed/table in the ER I looked up at the ceiling and painted on one of the tiles was Thomas the Tank Engine. He's famous at my house. I found myself feeling a lot of comfort because Thomas was watching over me. When the morphine kicked in, he looked a little odd, but he was still there smiling and keeping track of my progress.
I woke up from a nap and heard my boys outside playing football. Kjel was with them and they were running around the back yard like crazy folk. I sat at the window and watched my boys and smiled.
Friday night I did some dishes and felt like a superhero! It felt good to contribute in a helpful manner.
Sunday night, I smiled as I took my last dose of whatever drug they gave me. Bliss for knowing that piece of my life is done.
A text message, from my cousin, reminding me that Jesus smiles. 3 Nephi 19:30 "...and behold they did pray steadfastly, without ceasing, unto him; and he did smile upon them again; ..."
Reading to Matthias and having Isaak read to me are definitely smiles.
Naps snuggled up next to Anna.
Leaves falling from the tress; a circle of life kind of thing.
Healing.