On Tuesday I passed my original due date and tomorrow I'll pass my ultrasound due date. I was certain I would feel devastated if I made it all the way to these dates and then some. Strange, I actually feel empowered. I don't fully understand why I'd feel so awesome but even though my body is very tired (VERY TIRED) my heart and soul are just sailing. I love that we've allowed my body the control this time. We're just letting it do what it's capable of and always known.
At my appointment yesterday my midwife suggested I put together some affirmations. I'd shared with them that I've spent time meditating in preparation for delivery day. We talked a lot about how important it is to have the mind in a good place. I'm mentally prepared. It was fun to put together a few pictures and thoughts and tape them onto my bedroom wall. My bedroom is where I'll be delivering. I wish I would have thought or started this sooner. I'd have had friends and family send me thoughts and affirmations. Bummer for that. As time passes I think I'll add to what I have but for now here's what my affirmation wall looks like.
On Sunday, a most beautiful woman handed me a sack and then shared with me something that my two oldest boys had done for her daughter. I came home and told my boys and thanked them for being kind. They admitted they weren't really being nice they just were being friends with this girl because she's really fun to be with. They had no idea what a difference they'd made. I was truly thankful to think that they have within them kindness even if they didn't realize it. The woman said that while the item in the bag wasn't really for the boys but it was for our family to enjoy. When I opened the sack I couldn't believe what she had made. Look how absolutely adorable my Anna looks in this beautiful dress holding on to a bear that has a matching dress. She's in love with this bear.
And speaking of my adorable Anna. This girl LOVES to color. And she doesn't stop with paper. I have to keep a rather close eye on her and all of our belongings when she's in an artistic mood. It doesn't really bother me when she colors all over her body. I find it adorable. I do find myself agitated when she colors her clothes and my carpet and the walls and the table and every single other surface. We try to keep all crayons and markers and pens and pencils up and out of reach but for whatever reason this does seem to be a difficult task.
I took this picture hoping to capture her colorful clothes and skin.
Kjel is working from home today. I'm glad his company occasionally allows this privilege. He has A LOT of work to do. There have been some significant changes at work and this leaves him with some big responsibilities. I'm excited for him to have the opportunity but do worry a little that his soul is completely sold to the company. He does a great job of managing his time between us and work. It's not that I feel like we don't see him. I just find myself thinking about all these men/women who work so hard to provide. Companies expect significant dedication from their employees. These men/women put in many hours each week. We're very blessed to have such a great job and great people that work with Kjel. Not complaining here just journaling and thanking Kjel for taking care of his family. We have so much more than we need or deserve.



