Monday, December 08, 2014

Dear God, thank you.

I attempt to write this with feeble words. My heart was truly touched this morning as I witnessed a beautiful act of service. Living in the home next door to me is a group of very special adults. I will thank my Mother and my great ancestry for teaching, by example, the true greatness of all humans.

On with the experience....
It's rainy and extremely slippery this morning. I woke to Kjel warning Clayton to drive slow and to give himself extra stopping time. I share this info to better illustrate the risk of a slip this morning.

As I arrived home from school drop off this morning, I saw my neighbors carefully making their way down the steep driveway to their morning bus. The man who manages/owns the group home is truly incredible. I've talked with him occasionally and he really is inspiring. Inspiring because he loves what he does and he does a fantastic job.

I saw him walking backward with his arms grasping their shoulders as he steadied each of their steps. He carefully lead them down the awkward slippery hill and stayed with them until they were safely loaded on their bus. He smiled and chatted as he did this with each person. My heart soared to see such goodness.

I'm so thankful that God sends me goodness to see.