Thursday, April 30, 2015

9 months old or why I sometimes keep my mouth shut

I took Marky to the doctor and found out that he's 9 months old. How does that happen? When I showed up I was certain I was going for his 8 month appointment. The receptionist said I needed to fill out a 9 month questionnaire. I was surprised and certain they were wrong. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to look stupid just in case I was actually the one who was wrong. I quickly did the math on my fingers and in my head. July, August, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec--- He's only 8 months. I was still only getting 8 months. I filled out the form and waited to be called back. I continued to check and count and could still only get 8 months. After I was called back to wait in the room I was almost ready to say something but instead thought I'd check one last time. Just as I finished saying March and counting to 8 my mind realized that it's NOT March. It's April and thus he is 9 months old. Did you know that it's April? If you didn't don't waste your time putting it into your mind because tomorrow is May and you'll be a month behind.

So, at least I only look stupid to those who read my blog. The receptionists, nurses and doctor have no idea the risk they took sending that cute little healthy guy home with me.