It's not right that I don't post more frequently. Today I just wanted to do a throwback to Sunday Smiles. I used to post each week the smiles I found. I'm still smiling about so many big and little things.
I cleaned out my closet and came across swimsuits from last summer. Anna's still smelled of sunscreen and I couldn't help but let the scent transform me back into the summer months of water and warmth. I also found an old dance costume of mine from when I was in Kindergarten. Anna wore it for a few hours. I had lots of feelings. Anna is busy and daily blesses me with her energy. I'm spoiled by her tenderness and thankful God has a better plan than I could ever design.
I have two kids that have been really struggling to be friends. Yesterday, I was prompted to let them know that they'd now be sharing a room. They were very upset. Car doors slammed and angry voices were present. I went home and switched rooms around and when I picked them up from school I let them know they needed to decide if they wanted to be bunked or not. They made the decision to go unbunked and then the older kiddo seriously surprised me. He turned to his brother and said, "I think we might have the wrong attitude about this. This could actually work out." To which the brother said, "I think you're right." If you could have been a fly on the wall and seen my reaction. This was not what I expected at all! I was prepared for at least six weeks of fighting. I smiled at that tender moment. I also realize that there will be fights but I don't ever want to forget the moment I saw their open hearts. Kjel and I laughed that they're up to something and I should be watching them even closer. *sigh
Markus is a jabber box and talks about everything. Most of his words are undecipherable but he's got enough gestures and sounds that I can more often than not figure out what he's up to. I smile each time he runs. His feet hardly move but he gets his little arm going so quickly. It's just adorable.
Tony got a job! Smiles for being a working boy. He has orientation this week and then he starts working at Culvers. He's excited to have some cash flow.
Nic continues to teach himself the ukulele. He's got some decent skill. I smile when I hear him play and sing. I"m glad he's finding productive ways to spend time.
Isaak is back on the field!! Hooray for spring football. Big smiles when I saw him in his helmet this morning. Actually, I made him put on his helmet. He's ecstatic to be back in action. I'm not excited for the drive to practice three times a week but it will end and I love that he's getting this experience.
Matthias is reading! He's reading lots and lots of words. He's not super excited about practicing but he can do it! He's worked hard at more than just Minecraft.
Clayton got a paid summer internship in San Antonio. Hooray for him and boo for me. I was kind of planning on him home for a little while this summer. I'm beyond thrilled for him though so I'll suck up my whining and relish the experience on which he's embarking. Miss that kid!
I joined a club at the kids' school. It's a group of mom's that pray over the school. It is changing my life. I need to give more details on this in the future but most importantly is how it's changing me. God has blessed me with such an abundance. I'm enamored by His goodness and love. I'm studying the bible and plan to have read the entire book by the end of December. God is working miracles in me. I can't find words to share the exuberance and energy I have for Him.
I'm smiling because the sun is shining and I'm soaking up every moment I have with these kids. I'm smiling because tomorrow I get to play with my sister at her house. I'm smiling because this upcoming week my other sister is moving with her family to only 5 hours away from me. We haven't all been this close together since we were living in the same house with our parents. It's going to be an awesome summer.